Day 54: Yep, I Did It Again

 





Day 54 of Nutrisystem 2.0 started about the same time as yesterday, just before 8 am. I don't know what the outside temp was but it was 65 in the downstairs. Today it warmed up fast outside (into the 30's) so the house was up to a comfortable 70 by noon. The day did not go as planned .. and for that matter the entire weekend didn't go as planned. I'm disappointed in myself, yet again.


Breakfast was a 270 calorie Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwich. Morning snack was a 100 calorie pack of cookies. Lunch was a 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt. Afternoon snack was an apple oatmeal muffin that I had in the freezer. Dinner was broccoli and a 250 calorie meatloaf sandwich. Evening snack was a 140 calorie ice cream sandwich. Total calories for the day are 1200+ because of the muffin.


I ended up doing some more work this morning, because I had one last complicated project that I've been avoiding and I woke up thinking about it ! I also wanted to tee up a few things to get out the door first thing tomorrow. I was done before 1:30 pm so it didn't turn into an all day affair. Some things I work on just confuse me if I can't focus 100% on it, and that's hard to do during the work day when you have emails or other messaging coming in. I can bounce back and forth on the simpler stuff but the more complex stuff requires more focused attention. I am also putting more pressure on myself to excel because of the high appraisal rating I received. That doesn't mean I'll be working every weekend, especially when the nice weather gets here ! I was happy with what I accomplished today and getting some of the more complicated stuff out of the way allows me to better focus on the rest of my worklist and be able to take on hot items from my boss. She never pressures me to take anything and she worries constantly about overloading me, but I have yet to feel overwhelmed. I love what I'm doing now ! I don't regret the extra hours I put in this weekend.


Exercise was not in the cards today. I just didn't have the ambition to get off the couch, even though I was done working early enough. I thought about going to the grocery store but I really didn't need anything and I knew if I went there I'd end up buying a bunch of stuff I don't need - like snacks and other non-Nutrisystem items. All I wanted to do was eat today, so it's a good thing my options were limited ! Around 5 I was circling the kitchen so I cooked a bag of broccoli and that helped ! I'm kind of glad that I'm running out of "bad" things to eat because I need to tighten up and get back to 100% compliance with Nutrisystem. The mixed nuts are just about gone. The baked beans in the can are gone. I do still have 3 muffins in the freezer but I don't plan on buying any more. I do have a huge unopened box of Bisquick and I have been craving biscuits for several weeks. 


So this was another failed weekend, if I'm being honest with myself. Am I putting unreasonable expectations on myself ? I don't think so. It's not unreasonable to use the treadmill at least once per day on the weekends, but I keep finding ways to avoid it. I haven't started taking my vitamins. I haven't taken a shower or brushed my teeth since Thursday. I took a shower about 8 tonight and I'll do my teeth & skincare when I go to bed, so that's back on track. I also cut up a salad for the week and washed the dishes, so the kitchen is staying clean and I'm ready for lunch this week. I do need to do litter boxes so the laundry room is on the schedule for tomorrow. I still need to do something about my office but that's a weekend job.


Another week starts tomorrow and wow, it's nearly March ! February has flown right on by ! Five weeks to April and the promise of Spring ! I'm ready to face Monday. I'll get a bunch of work done, I'll be back on the treadmill and I'll be back 100% on Nutrisystem. I am still tripping and falling on the weekends, but next weekend will be another opportunity to "get it right" !!


On that note, it's long past time for bed !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023