Day 131: The Beginning of Another Week !

 





Today is day 131 of Nutrisystem 2.0 and woke up to a chilly but sunny morning. High for today was 68 but tomorrow we should see 70's again ! I went out to the front porch to work after lunch and I'm hoping to be able to work out there all day tomorrow. Forecast is calling for rain Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I plan on assessing the lawn on Thursday. I don't want to let it get too long.


Breakfast was 160 calorie waffles with sugar free syrup and an 80 calorie yogurt. Morning snack was a 120 calorie chocolate shake. Lunch was a chef salad & 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt. Afternoon snack was 80 calorie cottage cheese & 90 calorie oatmeal cookies. Dinner was 220 calorie chicken fettuccine alfredo over riced cauliflower. Evening snack was a 140 calorie lemon zest cake & the 2 remaining chocolate chip cookies. Total calories for the day are 1200+.


Today was the start of a new week of iFit challenges ! I'm loving the challenges this month as they are 2 workouts per week. I am doing the Walking and Running challenges, though I have to modify the pace on the Running ones, since I don't run. I finished my repeat of part 1 of the Pines To Peaks series and scheduled the first few workouts in Part 2 of the series. Part 3 is already out so I need to step it up ! There are 6 parts to the series so this will be my summer jam ! I only got one session on the treadmill today .. keep reading to find out why !




This morning I came downstairs to the bit of a mess I left from yesterday's shred fest ! I managed to vacuum that up and empty the shredder bin before work, so it was a good start on the day ! It probably sounds crazy, but I cannot wait to put the trash out tonight ! It feels so good to get rid of all this junk ! The weekend looks to be rainy so I plan to use the time to work out in the garage. I need to put everything I want to get rid of in one place so that I can throw a bit in the trash bin each week. I think the knowledge I am going to have a beautiful home exterior once the siding project is done is helping motivate me. The exterior of the house has been bothering me for several years, since the interior is so pretty. 


Work was busy but not very productive. I spent a lot of time following up on projects that are already in progress and that is always time consuming. Tomorrow I need to kick it into gear and get some things done ! 


After work I decided to skip the treadmill and go outside and rake the lawn. The grass was so long that the mower left clumps of grass all over the place. It really looked terrible and it was a beautiful day, so out I went. It took me almost 90 minutes but I raked the entire lawn. It really looks nice now and it was certainly a workout ! My mower does have a bagger and now that the lawn is shorter I may give it a try next time I mow. Once I was done I put my dinner on to cook and wheeled the trash bin out to the curb. I also took an ibuprofen because I know my upper body muscles are going to be screaming tomorrow. While my dinner was cooking I was looking out the kitchen window and admiring my handiwork. It really feels good when you do something yourself. It was great having Doug do my lawn the past few years but I always enjoyed mowing the lawn, so I'll do it as long as I can. I can't wait for my new trimmer to arrive so I can take care of the weeds.


I spent the rest of the evening watching tv, then grabbed a shower and now I'm headed for bed !



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023