Round 4, Day 4: Ray of Hope

 






Today should have been day 209 of Nutrisystem 2.0 but instead it's Day 4 of Round 4. August started with unseasonably cool temps in the low 60's. I'm sure the siding crew is continuing to enjoy the break from the heat ! They were here just before 8 am and continued to work on the yard side. I realized last night that the siding is done on the driveway side. All that remains there is the window trim, a little more trim around the garage door, and installing the new lights on the garage and by the side door. They also need to reattach the power cable, which has been dangling for a few days. The yard side of the house needs siding, trim, the new posts (which will be covered in metal trim) & the new light outside the back door. The front of the house needs siding on the 2nd floor, along with window trim. Then the front porch needs siding and window trim. They framed up the bulkhead for the basement today and it looks amazing ! It's attached to the house at a steeper incline, so water and snow will be directed away from the house. I'm not sure what the door will look like yet. I'm hoping it's covered with siding material so it won't need to be painted. I'll have to ask Will what the plan for that is. They've made amazing progress but there is still a lot of work to be done. 


Breakfast was 150 calorie pancakes with sugar free syrup and an 80 calorie yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie (or so) shake. I used up the remains of both the chocolate and vanilla shake mix so it might have been a little over on the calories. Lunch was a chef salad and. Afternoon snack was 90 calorie cottage cheese and some fresh fruit. Dinner was roasted veggies and 260 calorie roasted turkey medallions. Evening snack was 140 calorie lemon zest cake with a pile of whipped cream. I didn't realize until very late in the evening that I never had my pepperoni pizza melt at lunch time. No wonder I was hungry ! I ended up having a 130 calorie fruit bar at bedtime to compensate. 


It feels good to be 100% back on the Nutrisystem program ! I am managing the hunger pangs and I know they will decrease over time. Would I still rather have pizza, hotdogs, ice cream, cookies and candy ? ABSOLUTELY ! It bothers me a little when I put the candy, cookies and chips out every morning for the siding crew ! I also see all that candy every time I open the fridge ! I'm 4 days in now and I've been 100% compliant ! Last night I did take a fruit bar upstairs (for emergencies) and I'll be honest - I was tempted to eat it. But I didn't - so that is a win.


I didn't see or speak to the siding crew yesterday so they didn't see the damage to my face. However, today I had to consult with Will as he's going to be off the job site Thursday and Friday and wanted to let me know. He's going on a dad's and son's camping trip and I think that's great ! Today's focus was trim and while he is gone the guys will do siding. There is lots of that to do ! So of course he asked me what happened and I just said I sometimes pass out if I stand up too fast. That's pretty much what happened, without the details of the extenuating circumstances (ie starvation!) that likely caused it. He went on to say that the current plan is to start the front porch Monday, so he asked if I could take the curtains down on Sunday. They're due for a washing so I'll do that and then put them back up once the siding job is done. I will probably take down all the curtains in the house and wash them once the siding is done, since I plan to wash all the windows too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023