Another Monday !

 





I was awake early today but opted to go back to sleep. I really want to stop doing that. I want to get up whenever I wake at a reasonable hour. I think I'm sleeping better now that the weather has gotten cooler. I haven't had to turn the fan on much over the past couple weeks. I have the thermostats in the house set on 70 and that is comfortable. 


Breakfast was 160 calorie waffles with sugar free syrup. I never got around to having my yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 vanilla shake with peanut butter powder. Lunch was a chef salad and 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt. Afternoon snack was 80 calorie cottage cheese and an apple (about 95 calories). Dinner was roasted carrots and a 250 calorie meatloaf sandwich. After my shower I had a slice of apple bread and a cup of coffee. Evening snack was ___.


Today I realized that part of my afternoon exercise problem is time. Some days I really don't want to spend my entire lunch hour on the treadmill. Today I did a 20 minute interval walk with John Peel and that was perfect. I had enough time left in my lunch hour to cut up a head of lettuce, make my salad and feed the cats. I had planned to get another workout in after work but honestly, I was tired. I will try again tomorrow.


I had a busy morning at work. I found out that an old issue I've been struggling with was caused by a mistake I made. It took 3 months to figure that out and I took immediate action to try and rectify the problem. That's part of the reason I couldn't commit to the long workout during lunch. I was a bit stressed and very distracted. I spent most of the day working on that issue but by 4 pm my brain was fried and I accomplished nothing. I do my best work in the morning and I got a lot done in spite of that. I'm not worried about the fact that I made a mistake. I've never claimed to be perfect and I do make mistakes. I know it will have no impact on my performance as far as my boss is concerned, and that is all that matters. I also learn from my mistakes, so I tend to not repeat them. I'll finish up the rework I need to to do tomorrow and then hope for the best !


I feel like I'm getting back to where I was, but I still have a lot of work to do. I'm not getting my vitamins, magnesium and Metamucil in and that is just pure laziness. I haven't cleaned the litter boxes in a few days and that is also laziness. I haven't made my bed the last 2 days either. I have to do it as soon as I get up, otherwise Minnie settles in and I can't bear to disturb her. She sleeps on my bed most of the day unless it's hot upstairs. There are some positives. I've taken a shower and done skincare 2 days in a row ! I am so pleased with my new shower mat. Next time I am at Walmart I plan to buy a spare because merchandise changes all the time and by the time I need a new one they'll probably be long gone. Last night at bedtime I put some lotion on my legs and that felt so good. I have a lifetime supply of lotion so I need to start using it ! I'm also starting to work on the rough skin on my thumbs. When I was at Disney last year they could not scan my thumb at the gates because of my rough skin. I'd like to avoid a repeat of that ! I also brushed my teeth at bedtime last night. I'm abiding by the Nutrisystem plan too. Yes, I'm having that slice of apple bread in the evening but I'm limiting myself to one. The package says it is 120 calories and today it just takes the place of the yogurt I didn't have. So really, when I look at the big picture I'm doing better and I'm making progress. I just need to keep going in the right direction.


Would it help to set mini goals each day ? Let's see. Tomorrow I'm going to:

  • get up when I wake up
  • make my bed
  • clean litter boxes
  • take my vitamins, magnesium & Metamucil
  • exercise 2 times
  • take a shower
  • do skincare
  • put on lotion
  • brush teeth


None of that is unreasonable and none of it is impossible !



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023