Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

 




As much as I wanted to sleep in this morning, by 8 am Abby and my bladder were screaming that it was time to get up. As always, once I'm up I'm fine and that it's for the day when it comes to sleep. I always tell myself I can take a nap, but I never do.


Breakfast was a cinnamon roll and a yogurt. Today was the first day I lamented the loss of the tea cookies I used to have with my yogurt. This is probably because I was super hungry by the time I had the yogurt. Lunch was a pepperoni pizza melt before I went out. After shopping I had 2 slices of apple bread, then dinner was broccoli and a meatloaf sandwich. Evening snack was a vanilla ice cream sandwich and later a concoction I made. I sliced the 2 remaining Honey Crisp apples ( they were small ) and microwaved them for 3 minutes with a little water. Ok so far .. but then came the calorie bomb: cinnamon sugar, caramel sauce & whipped cream. Yet again .. it was good but didn't knock my socks off. The peels ruined it.


My Nutrisystem order was supposed to be delivered this morning and I hung around until almost 11:30, hoping it would come and then I could go grab the mail and go to the grocery store. Since it hadn't come, I took a quick walk to the post office. My phone case didn't arrive (tracking indicates it is in transit) but my Nailboo order did! I opened the box to check out the contents, but I probably won't play with that until next weekend. I need to focus on getting the house cleaned this weekend. Not exactly something you do with a fresh polish. 


Another bit of housekeeping I need to do involves my Google account. My photos and videos auto save there from my phone, and I'm getting messages that the storage is almost full. I pay for 1T of storage on OneDrive, so I don't need them stored to Google. I need to delete most of that content but I need to take my time and make sure whatever I delete is on OneDrive. 


It's been 2 weeks since I lost my phone and I'm pretty much over it. The plan for today was to go back to the scene of the crime .. Wegman's and Walmart in Cicero. This time I am prepared! I bought some velvet drawstring bags and keep my phone in one. This way I can put it securely in my purse without worrying about the camera or screen protector being damaged. I will NEVER put anything in an open outside pocket on a purse, so I don't plan on buying any with that feature in the future. I do want to buy a new crossbody for everyday use. I don't plan on taking my $250 bag to Walmart ! 


My Nutrisystem order finally showed up just after 2 pm. Continuing my streak of things going wrong, my order was short 2 pepperoni pizza melts ! I order ONE lunch item ... how hard is it to count to 24 ? I submitted a form to Nutrisystem, they will send me the items without question. At least my Nailboo order was correct and complete. My latest Chewy order was correct and complete too. I have an Amazon order coming Monday .. hopefully that will be correct and complete. It's just 2 more boxes of cat food and an assortment of Christmas beads for bracelet making. I don't know what it is. Whenever something doesn't right it really throws me for a loop. Is that age ? I find it harder to just "roll with it" these days.


At 2:45 it was time to decide on grocery shopping. I was already dressed but much too comfy on the couch. Well, that's not 100% true. In reality, I was scared to go back. For that reason, I forced myself to go. I had lunch and a cup of coffee first. Just after 3:30 it was GO TIME ! I actually ended up repeating my October 8 trip. Wegman's .. then Walmart in Cicero, then Walmart in Central Square ! I didn't intend to do that, but the Cicero Walmart didn't have beef baby food or riced cauliflower so I stopped in Central Square. I didn't have any uncomfortable moments but I realized that the Cicero Walmart is full of a lot of sketchy people. I don't think I'll be stopping there anymore.


I managed to get through all 3 stores without buying a bunch of junk. I did allow myself a half loaf of honey crisp apple breakfast bread from Wegman's, for a treat. I also bought some caramel to use in my coffee. The caramel I had is gone and the chocolate syrup I have is about gone and I love that little treat of caramel in my coffee once a day. I was proud of myself for not giving in to fast food or other stuff that I don't need. I picked up another $5 nightshirt and 2 pairs of the black leggings I like. They're super soft and comfortable, so I plan to take a couple pairs to Florida. I also picked up a new shower mat because the one I have (which used to be mom's) has so much padding that it is never dry and it's pretty gross.

I got home about 6 and once the cats were fed and everything was put away I sat down with 2 slices of the apple bread and a cup of coffee. I had 2 slices of bread only because it was the heel and then a regular slice. It was good (I toasted & buttered it) but, like every other "treat" I've gotten lately, it didn't knock my socks off ! Were the calories worth it ? Well, I'm not sure. I see these things I want and then when I have them they're not that good and I regret it. I don't regret the bread but I wish it had been more delicious. I might try adding a little cinnamon sugar next time I have a piece. I think this realization about "treats" is helping keep me away from a lot of "impulse" stuff, but there are plenty of things out there that I KNOW are good ..  like ice cream, pizza, cookies, candy etc. Those are the things that I absolutely have to avoid at all cost.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023

TGIF ! 5 Days of Progress !