Day 24: Feeling Encouraged

 





Day 24 of Nutrisystem 2.0. Week 4 is off to a good start. I did give in to temptation this morning and weighed myself. 237.2 stared back at me, so that was a good way to start the day ! Checking the scale is a double-edged sword because it feels good when you lose and it's motivating. When you don't lose (or, God forbid, gain) it can be devastating and lead you to wonder why you bother. I don't think I ever saw a gain while I was adhering to Nutrisystem, but there were many weeks that I did not see a loss. That is just as frustrating as a gain. If you're following the program and exercising your ass off and then don't lose anything or you gain, you immediately blame yourself and vow to eat ever less and exercise more. That's often not the answer and you just have to keep doing what you're doing and maybe weigh yourself less often. After I got past the 100 pound mark my weight loss slowed and there were many weeks where I lost nothing. Since I was sharing my experience, it was embarrassing to admit you lost nothing - so I often lied about it. This is a big part of the reason I am doing this privately now. This is my safe space to chronicle the journey honestly. 


Breakfast was a 260 calorie Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwich. For a little bit there I was having these every day and, although they fall within Nutrisystem's guidelines, they have more fat in them than most things I eat. I don't know if 8 grams is bad, but I've decided to rotate my breakfast as pancakes, then waffles, then JD. That will give me a little bit of moderation. I did look up the Nutrisystem breakfast sandwich, which doesn't have cheese, and that has 6 grams with 210 calories - so JD isn't all that bad. The extra 2 grams of fat and 50 calories is worth the addition of cheese ! Morning snack was a 120 calorie vanilla shake. Lunch was a chef salad and 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt. Afternoon snack was 190 calorie cheese & crackers. Dinner & evening snack was pizza and salad and cookies at my sisters, along with a little wine, so I don't have an accurate calorie count. I will go with 1200+.


Woke up to hear the plow go by and it looks like we got a little bit of light snow overnight. We had a little bit of light snow this morning but by lunchtime it seemed to have moved on and the roads were clear !


I had a really productive day at work and a lot of the old and complicated issues I've been working on are beginning to be resolved, so my worklist is looking much better ! At the end of every project is a customer and I do my best to make sure each and every one is happy and satisfied with the outcome of my work. It gives me a great deal of personal satisfaction to fix something, especially when they are very old issues. My boss often moves things to me that others have been unable to resolve because she knows I'll get it done. I feel good that she has that level of confidence in me.


After work I headed over to my sisters for pizza with the family. We talked about the financials of my mother's estate and just enjoyed being together as a family. I received a portion of my inheritance and it's time to start getting estimates for siding ! I had 2 pieces of pizza, salad, some Christmas cookies and a few pieces of chocolate, along with 2 glasses of wine. I ate more cookies than I should have but I had less than 10 pieces of chocolate (Hershey kisses & Rolo's). The pizza was homemade so it was not greasy and the pieces were not huge, so I'm not worried about what I ate. I was home before 9 pm.


For once, I didn't eat anything else once I got home. I watched some tv and now it's time for bed !






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023