Day 53: Treading Water

 





Day 53 of Nutrisystem 2.0 started early for a Saturday - I got up just before 8 am. It was 9 degrees outside and the temp in the downstairs was 65. By 6 pm it was 20 degrees outside and the downstairs was up to 68 degrees. It pretty much stuck there because by 8 pm the temp was back down to 15.


Breakfast was 150 calorie pancakes with sugar free syrup and an 80 calorie yogurt. I didn't have a morning snack. Lunch was a chef salad and a 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt. Afternoon snack was 200 calorie cheese & crackers. Dinner was green beans and a 250 calorie chicken enchilada. Evening snack was a 140 calorie chocolate cupcake. Total calories for the day are 1200+ because I made a bowl of popcorn. I did skip the butter !


I didn't use the treadmill today. I had some work I wanted to get done without interruption and I ended up actually working until almost 5:30 pm. Technically speaking, I'm not supposed to work "off the clock" but I do it on occasion. I figure it's giving back some of the time I spend doing things around the house during the work day. Sometimes I take a break from work and vacuum or throw in a load of laundry. The other day I happened to discover that my countertop filtered water dispenser was in need of cleaning. It had a few specks of sediment in the bottom and the filter looked a little discolored, so I rinsed it out and as I was getting ready to put the new filter in I noticed the bottom looked a little slimy. I wiped it with a paper towel and to my horror, it was brown ! I've been using this water in my coffee for who knows how long ! So I took it all apart and washed it then and there. Didn't matter that I was "at work", I had to get it clean because I was so grossed out. It didn't take that long but a few minutes here and there every day can add up. Lesson learned - from now on I'll be washing out the water dispenser more often ! I also ordered some replacement filters on Amazon since I just used the last one. 


So today was not the best start to the weekend from an exercise perspective, but I'm ok with it. I'd be upset if I spent the whole day on the couch doing nothing but scrolling through my phone or watching tv. Today I spent the time doing something worthwhile AND it kept my mind off food for most of the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023