Day 56: Try, Try Again

 





Day 56 of Nutrisystem 2.0 got off to a slow start as I did not want to get out of my warm cozy bed this morning ! It was after 7:30 by the time I got up but I had enough time to feed the indoor & outdoor cats and make myself a cup of coffee before I logged in to work. The temp was up in the 30's so the house was warm and cozy all day. Makes a huge difference in my state of mind !


Breakfast was a 270 calorie Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwich. Morning snack was a 120 calorie chocolate shake. Lunch was a chef salad and a 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt. Afternoon snack was 200 calorie cheese & crackers. Dinner was broccoli and a 250 calorie cranberry & brie stuffed turkey breast. This is an item from Fall 2021 that I've been hoarding because they are so good ! Nutrisystem didn't bring them back for Thanksgiving 2022 and boy was I disappointed ! They have a breading coating and when cooked in the air fryer it gets crispy and crunchy. So delicious ! Evening snack was a 130 calorie ice cream sandwich. Total calories for the day are 1190. 


First workout of the day was 33 minutes in the Atlas Mountains. I'm keeping to my 2.5 to 2.8 mph speed progression. After work was 15 minutes in Spain. I started at 2.6 mph and at 14 I bumped it up to 2.7 and then another 0.1 mph every 2 minutes. So my progression here was from 2.6 to 3.3 mph. The workout had some incline here and there and I did struggle a little on the 5% but they were short and I'm glad I resisted the urge to slow my speed. I pushed through it for once ! Tomorrow I plan to try the endurance walk at Mount Kilimanjaro Tanzania. It starts at 2.4 mph and then increases to 2.8 so it's similar to the Atlas Mountains walk I've been doing. The big difference is some 10% incline in the last part of the workout. Incline that steep is still a big challenge for me, so we'll see how it goes. The programmed speed does slow down to 2.4 or less, so I may be able to push through it. The goal tomorrow is to get through the workout "as programmed" ! It's a good time to move on because I am getting a little bored with the Atlas Mountains. I pretty much know the workout by heart ! I'll still be spending time with Tommy Rivs after work because there are 14 more workouts in Spain and part 3 of his Road to Recovery was just released. That's another 20 workouts, this time in Italy !


My work day wasn't as productive as I'd have liked, only because a lot of my stuff is waiting on other departments or for bills to be generated. I have a bunch of things ready to go out the door tomorrow so I'll be busy ! I also spent 2 hours on the phone with my boss doing some things, so that was unproductive but time very well spent ! I picked up a couple more hot projects and was able to complete one today and tee up the other to complete tomorrow.


Weather today didn't appear to be the disaster they predicted. Yes, we had some snow overnight but nothing drastic, 3-4 inches at most. There was light snow coming down when I got up but it didn't last long. My plow guy came this afternoon and cleaned out my driveway and I paid him for the plowing to date. He said last year at this time I'd paid him $480 - this year only $180 ! HUGE loss of income for him, but a windfall for me. I had gone out and cleared the top of the driveway by the garage so he was able to get the whole driveway nice and clean. I also shoveled off the front steps. The snow was that heavy wet stuff, which is a nightmare to shovel ! Tomorrow they're predicting a mix of rain and snow and that always had the potential for icy roads. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere ! 


Tomorrow starts a new month and I'm approaching the 60 day mark for Nutrisystem 2.0. I haven't weighed myself in a bit and the plan is to do a weigh in and progress photos on Saturday. I'll be trying out my new tripod, so I'm looking forward to that. I would love to be at 20 pounds lost (227) but considering how up and down I've been with diet and exercise I'm not sure that is realistic. We'll see ! I just wish I could figure out why I'm so hungry in the evening. I didn't have this problem before. I did a google search and it is possible that the fact that I'm not taking my vitamins is part of the problem. So I just chugged them all down .. hopefully it doesn't make me sick to my stomach. What do I take ? Well - Centrum Silver, Evening Primrose Oil, Vitamin C, Zinc, Iron and Calcium. I also plan to take my magnesium and some Metamucil before I go to bed. Metamucil is good to make you feel full and it helps your digestive tract move more smoothly.


Regardless of all the failures I've had, I am still trying hard. I haven't given up and I know I can do better. I just keep telling myself to hold on until the weather improves because I know I will feel better mentally and be better able to settle into a routine that works. Right now I often feel like I'm just flailing around, trying to survive really. Life is not easy. I have a lot to look forward to this Spring and it can't get here fast enough !


On that note, it's time for me to head for bed ! I already showered so I just need to brush my teeth and slather on some moisturizer !



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023