Day 66: TGIF !

 





Day 66 of Nutrisystem 2.0 was another slow and chilly start. It was in the teens when I got up and I didn't want to get out of my warm bed. By 7:30 I had no choice. I had just enough time to make the bed, feed the indoor & outdoor cats, get dressed and brew my first cup of coffee before the work day started.


Breakfast was a 270 calorie Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwich. Morning snack was a 120 calorie vanilla shake. Lunch was green beans and a 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt. Afternoon snack was 80 calorie cottage cheese and 90 calorie oatmeal cookies. Dinner was broccoli and a 260 calorie Italian sausage & turkey pepperoni pizza. Evening snack was a 140 calorie lemon zest cake. Total calories for the day are 1180.


First workout of the day was the start of a new series, filmed in India. It's a jogging series and since I don't jog I decided to do some intervals today. The workout was 35m21s so I started at 2.5 mph until 30 minutes to go, when I increased to 3 mph for 4 minutes and then decreased to 2.7 for 1 minute. I did this 6 times and I feel like it was a good workout. I had some trouble with my evening workout. I worked until just after 6 and got on the treadmill without eating. I knew it was a mistake but I was hoping I could get through it. I actually started doing a workout I had already done, so less than 2 minutes in I stopped and switched over to a different one. It was less than 18 minutes so I thought I could do it. I started at 2.6 mph and increased to 2.7 mph with 16 minutes to go. The plan was to increase by 0.1 mph every 4 minutes. I got through 2.8 and 2.9 but at 3 mph and 4 minutes to go, I had to default to the programmed speed of 2.2 mph. Even that was too much and I had to end the workout early. I did 14m41s, along with 1m39s of the repeat workout. When I stepped off the treadmill my legs were weak and I had that shaky feeling so I grabbed a caramel (story about the caramels to follow) and sat down for a minute. Once I felt stronger I got my dinner going and was fine after that. I got about 63 minutes on the treadmill today and I'm happy with that. Lesson learned (again) that I need to eat !


I mentioned that I worked until after 6 and that was only because I was in the midst of something complicated and I didn't want to leave it and have to pick it back up Monday. I had a hugely productive day and was able to close about 10 projects. I spent the majority of the day doing post completion work and closing everything out. It felt good because half of them were very old and ugly things I had taken from some of my colleagues who were struggling. The OT I put in this week really helped bring them to closure. There is still plenty more to get done so next week will be just as busy !


I mentioned I had a caramel story. I wasn't going to write about it, but considering I'm the only one who reads this blog ... why not write about it ? Last night I grabbed a couple caramels from the bag and ended up taking the remains of the bag to bed with me. It was a conscious decision and I ate them all. Fortunately, the bag only had 6 servings, which is 780 calories. That's a lot but it's not the end of the world. I ate them, it's done and that's that. Today I opened the package of caramels that I bought at Wegman's last time I grocery shopped, and only had the one after my failed workout tonight. They are 65 calories each, so I'm not worried about that. They're all going to get eaten .. the key is not to eat them all in one day or start eating tons of them every single day. It's all about moderation and I'm a work in progress.


It's been a long week with all the OT I put in so I'm glad to have 2 days to relax a bit. I have a lot to do around the house but first priority for tomorrow is picking up my mail and going to the grocery store. I don't need a lot but I'm getting low on dry cat food for the strays and baby food for Abby. I also mentioned I'm hoping to pick up a corned beef meal and some Irish soda bread ! Corned beef is a once a year meal for me and the soda bread is a once a year treat too. I'm always sad when it disappears from the store. Maybe some day I'll try making my own !


On that note, I'm heading for bed - it's been a long week and I'm tired !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023