Day 129: Hooray for the Weekend !

 





Today is day 129 of Nutrisystem 2.0 and even though it is Saturday, I was awake at 5:55 am. So nice to wake up to blue skies, sunshine and the promise of another beautiful warm day !


Breakfast was a 270 calorie Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwich. I haven't had one of these in a while and I figured it would keep me full longer since I was going out. I had lunch out with my sister and I opted for shrimp marinara, which was shrimp in a marinara sauce over fettuccine. It came with a bowl of minestrone soup and homemade bread. I brought half of the pasta home. On the way home from my sister's I stopped and got an ice cream sundae that had chocolate sauce, caramel and pecans. It was sinfully delicious. This evening I had a couple 90 calorie cookies packets and my 140 calorie chocolate cupcake. So my calories are off the chart.


There was no treadmill today. Exercise consisted of walking around the stores and also getting part of the lawn mowed. I got over 13,000 steps in today !


After last nights shred fest I was left with some spilled shredding's on the living room floor so I vacuumed that up first thing this morning. It really feels good to have gotten rid of all that paper and the reminders of my past struggles. One sad thing is I came across several expired stock option grants my employer had given me back in 2001. At the time, I was completely ignorant of what they even were and I was not in a position to buy stocks anyways. They expired in 2011 and from 2001 to 2011 I had no spare cash to buy stocks. I didn't shred the documents yet because I wanted to make sure they were worthless. They'll go in the next round of shredding. 


I had a great time shopping with my sister. I didn't buy much in the way of clothing for 2 reasons. One, I was disappointed with the selection and two, I am trying to keep my stock of plus size clothing at a minimum. If it kills me I am going to be out of plus by 12-31-23. As I mentioned I had that ice cream on the way home but I balanced it a bit by getting some of the lawn mowed. I lowered the wheels on the mower to get the grass cut shorter and ended up clogging the chute multiple times. The battery died before I could finish the large section of the yard and it was 8 pm by the time it recharged, so I'm planning to try and finish it tomorrow. I definitely need to buy another battery so I went ahead and ordered the trimmer that comes with a battery. Although I couldn't mow any more I decided to try and clear away some more clutter in the garage. I found a bag of documents and went through all that and went back out for more. Well, I then discovered a giant box full of stuff so I brought that inside. That trip down memory lane took me until 11:30 pm and that was just looking through everything and sorting into 3 categories: keep, trash or shred. The keep pile was blessedly small and I found a few more savings bonds. The total is 9 so that would be $900. I also have a stash of them in my fireproof box. If they're all mature I probably have $2k sitting here. I also found a couple of stock certificates which may or may not be valid. I also found another expired stock option grant. I'm a little sad that I missed out on the value of those options. I honestly didn't know what they were when I received them and I didn't have the money to buy stock anyway, so I'm not going to dwell on what is already lost. I'll have to look into the certificates to see if they have any value. I also found some old photos of me with my grandparents and some with my mom and dad on vacation. I also found my high school diploma ! After having to go through all of my mother things, I am motivated to get rid of stuff so no one has to do that when I leave this earth. I tossed my high school yearbooks without even opening them. High school was a nightmare and in spite of the signatures in my yearbooks, I really had no friends. Since I don't have children that would be interested in anything I have there is no point in keeping that old junk. More than likely my younger sister will end up having to care for my estate and she won't want any of it. I have a full box of stuff to shred and that is going to take some time. I didn't move massive amounts of stuff out of the garage but it already looks and feels better. The job of going through the boxes out there no longer seems so intimidating and I can't wait to go back out there and get rid of more. My garbage bin is nearly full because I missed trash pickup last week and I don't put my trash out every week, so anything I discard will be hanging around another week. With the warm weather coming I'll need to start putting it out every week so I can gradually dump all the stuff I don't want or need. So my goals for the remainder of 2023 is losing the weight and losing the clutter ! There is a bunch of Christmas decorations out there and I expect most of it will end up in the trash. I also have cardboard and styrofoam to break down and discard. When I looked around the garage it seems like a lot but it's really not because a lot of the stuff is large. I have the old cat tree out there - the plan for that is to dismantle it and throw it away in my trash over time. I also have an old snowblower & lawn mower that my siding guy said he would take. I'm hoping he takes the smoker and 3 boxes of wood chips too ! I also have a cookbook that I bought as a companion to the smoker. I'll offer him that too. My unworn wedding dress is also out there in it's box. I have a small bag of stuff to donate so I might include the wedding dress too. I realized there is plenty of space in the garage if you organize stuff and store it neatly ! I really want to get this done before the really hot weather gets here so I am super motivated !


Well, it's extremely late (after 1 am - Happy Sunday !) and I need to get up and out tomorrow to grocery shop. I also want to finish the lawn and maybe get a start on the shredding ! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023