Day 132: Disturbing News

 





Today is day 132 of Nutrisystem 2.0 and I did not want to get out of bed this morning ! It turned out to be a nice sunny day but it was windy .. signs of the rain that arrived around 6 pm and the drop in temperature. It got up into the 70's but the low for tonight is 39. Shockingly enough, the low for tomorrow night is 32 !!! WTF ! Looks like I won't be working out on the front porch for the next couple of days. It looks like next week will bring warmer daytime temps for a while, so I'm looking forward to that !


Breakfast was 150 calorie pancakes with sugar free syrup and an 80 calorie yogurt. I didn't have a morning snack. Lunch was a chef salad & 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt. I didn't have an afternoon snack. Dinner was 2 hotdogs with buns and some macaroni salad. Evening snack was tea cookies. Calories are 1200+ today. It was a stressful day.


I didn't get on the treadmill today. Right before noon an announcement came out at work about managers being forced to return to the office. Right after the email came an invite from our VP to discuss it. The basic message is that they are consolidating operations to certain cities and expecting all managers to report in to them either full time or 1-5 days a month. Not surprisingly, none of them are in or near cities that our team works in, so our team was kind of left to wonder if we'd have jobs or be forced to move if we wanted to keep our job. Mind you, we had already been designated as permanent work from home. Yet again, the bottom fell out when I was starting to think life was good. It never fails ! So this news basically ruined my day. It killed my work motivation and it killed my exercise motivation. Just after 5 our director sent out a meeting invite for Thursday and I'm hoping it's good news since it includes our team and his center management in Florida. The city he and the center he runs are located in are not on the list either, so I'm hoping that our team will not be affected. I think the fact that we support the center weighs in our favor to leave us as we are, working from home full time. I really hope that is the case, but the company claimed in a media interview that they have a "generous" relocation program so if they tell me I have to move and they're paying ... I might just do it until I am ready for retirement ! I'd sell my house and live in an apartment for a couple years. After the initial shock and after giving it some thought, I suspect it will not affect us and we can relax and go back to doing the amazing work we do ! One thing I will never do is quit this job. If they want me to go they're going to pay me full unemployment and severance and then they can start sending my retirement checks. I haven't signed a contract for the siding yet and we'll see what Thursday's meeting brings !


So that's why I didn't get on the treadmill and part of the reason my calories are off the chart. During my lunch hour I went out to the garage and gathered up all the cardboard I could, since the garbage truck hadn't come yet. Not long after I put it all out there the truck came and I was happy to see it all gone. I did resist the temptation to open the jar of caramels I have, so that is a win. I also decided to go out in the garage shortly after 5 and do some more work out there. I made a lot of progress and I have a lot more junk to throw away, so I'll be filling up my gigantic trash bin every week for a while. I went out to the collapsing part of the garage to see what was left out there. Most of the stuff is junk - a gas grill with propane tank, an old washer, a couple of tool boxes, an unused pool cover, the old solar cover and a couple of broken chairs. A box of dishes that belonged to my mother in law were out there and I moved that into the main garage. I have an old lawn mower and snow blower that can go when they start my siding project. I'm going to move them into the collapsing part so they can take all that stuff at once. I'm going to put the cat tree out there too, in hopes the siding guy will take it ! Once all the garbage is gone the garage will be in pretty good shape ! I didn't find any more paperwork to shred so I was happy about that. Right now I have 2 very large contractor bags of trash along with a pile of foam coolers that need to go. The drawers that belong in the pantry are also out there, so I need to clean those up and bring them back inside. Once all of of this is taken care of the garage will be in much better shape and it'll be easier to move around out there ! I do have some bins I still need to look through, but they're out of the way for now and that was the goal. Once I have all of the trash gone I will start going through what is left and see what else I can get rid of.


I spent the rest of the evening watching tv. It's just after 9:30 now and I'm going to feed the cats and head for bed. Let's hope I am able to sleep !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023