Day 138: Another Week Begins

 





Today is day 138 of Nutrisystem 2.0 and it's Monday. I woke to sunny skies and a visit from Abby. I got up around 7:10 and prepared to face the day. 


Breakfast was 160 calorie waffles with sugar free syrup and an 80 calorie yogurt. I didn't have a morning snack. Lunch was a chef salad & 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt. Afternoon snack was 80 calorie cottage cheese & 90 calorie oatmeal cookies. Dinner was a 250 calorie meatloaf sandwich. Evening snack was a 140 calorie chocolate cupcake. Total calories for the day are 1020.


I felt better today physically but mentally I am still struggling to accept what changes may be coming to my job. It makes me angry because I've given 38 years of my life to this company and it clearly means nothing to them. I've always done whatever was asked of me and I've always gone the extra mile, and this current situation is my reward. If I end up retiring, it will be their loss 100%. Until I know my fate, I'm not going to bust my ass. Why should I ? They've let me know that my efforts DO NOT MATTER. The thought of starting over scares me to death but I know in my heart that whatever happens is meant to be and will likely end up being for the best. 


I wrote the paragraph above before work today. I spoke with my manager late this morning and she advised there might be a possibility we will be assigned to the Rochester office and just have to go there 1-5 times a month. I would totally do that if it was only once a month, even though it's a 2 hour drive. I'd carpool with my colleagues AND make sure I get a couple hours of OT every month to make up for the 4 hour inconvenience ! We joked about taking a half day on our "office" day and if they let us I would definitely do that ! I told my boss I already have a standing job offer and she was happy to hear that I have a plan. Her situation is different and she's really struggling with the unknown too. Like me, she doesn't want to change jobs but I told her she'd have no problem getting a new job and probably make more money and not have to work so hard. Easy to say ! Hopefully it all works out in the end for all of us. If they want me to go to Rochester more than once a month I am going to take some time to talk seriously with my friend about changing jobs. Work today was busy and I put in an honest 8 hours of work, but my heart is still not in it. I actually worked from the couch again today, with the tv on all day. Tomorrow I may work out on the front porch, we'll see.


I didn't use the treadmill today. During lunch I gave the new trimmer a try and it was pretty easy to use ! However, when I came inside my arms were like spaghetti !!! I guess using it will help me build some arm strength ! After work I mowed the lawn. When the battery died I swapped it out with the trimmer battery and kept going. When the trimmer battery died I only had a tiny bit of lawn left so I popped the main battery back in for a few minutes. I'm so glad I bought the trimmer with a compatible battery ! I thought about waiting until tomorrow for the lawn but it's supposed to be near 80. Today was in the mid-60's and that was perfect for lawn work ! Tomorrow is trash day so I got a gigantic bag of garbage into my trash bin. I couldn't lift the bag high enough to get it into the bin, so I had to put the bin on it's side, slide the bag in and then get the bin back upright. That was easier than I expected ! The other giant bag of garbage is not as heavy and I'll get rid of that next week. Then I can start disposing of the styrofoam coolers. It's so nice to go out in the garage and be able to move around easily now ! There is still some stuff out that I want to bring inside but I have to organize the spare room upstairs first. That will be my project next week while I'm on vacation ! I'm not stressing about not using the treadmill right now. The nice weather won't be here forever, so I'm going to enjoy being outside as much as I can in the next few months. That doesn't mean I'll be lounging in a lawn chair ! I'll be working on getting the garage 100% junk free and clean. I'll also be working on getting my hour 100% junk free and clean ! 


I'm still not sure why I was sick yesterday but it's most likely because of the rich food & dessert I had Saturday. I'm sure the almonds & Hershey Kisses I had at bedtime did not help ! I was so tired last night and fell asleep just after 10. I slept pretty good but I had some crazy dreams. That often happens when I've been ill. I threw away my leftovers from Saturday as I didn't want to take a chance on getting sick again. It broke my heart as I'd been dying for this particular dish (Bang Bang Chicken) and it was SO good ! 


Got an email from Jetblue today changing my flight to Florida. When I booked it was a non-stop and now I am flying to Boston with a layover and then to Orlando. The return flight is still non-stop, but it won't surprise me if that changes eventually. The flight down could change again too between now and December. We had a layover a JFK last year and it was fine. Boston is actually a nice airport so I don't think we'll mind the break. 


Nutrisystem has one of their many 50% off sales going on so I delayed my auto shipment and placed a huge order. For about the same amount I pay for 24 days of food I got 36 breakfasts, 30 lunches, 30 dinners and 31 snacks. The # of snacks is odd because I was using $100 gift cards and wanted to get the order to $300. I got it to $300.90 with the extra snack, which was perfect ! I got extra breakfast items because I often run low on breakfast. This is because I tend to always have breakfast at home, where I sometimes have lunch or dinner out or eat something different, especially on weekends.


It's almost 9 and I'm tired, so I'm heading for bed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023