Day 183: Day 6 of Vacation !

 





Today is day 183 of Nutrisystem 2.0 and I resolved to get myself back on track starting today ! I planned to be 100% compliant but I had 2 hot dogs & 2 hot dog rolls left, so I opted to have those for dinner. I also had ice cream while I was out and some salsa and chips before bed. Those were the only exceptions I allowed myself.


Breakfast was 160 calorie waffles with sugar free syrup and an 80 calorie yogurt. Lunch was that that ice cream. Dinner was the 2 hotdogs. Evening snack was a 140 calorie chocolate cupcake. I didn't have a morning or afternoon snack. Late this evening I finished off a jar of salsa (unlimited on Nutrisystem) and a fair number of chips.


Today was forecast to be 93 degrees ! It was already 80 at 10 am but we made it up to 95 ! We had a very brief rain shower around 9 pm but it didn't amount to anything.


I could not get to sleep last night and it was nearly 4 am by the time I finally passed out. Abby didn't care that I only had a couple hours sleep - by 8 am she was looking for breakfast so I was up for the day. About 12:15 pm I headed out for my insurance appointment and a stop at Walmart. I ended up agreeing to change my homeowners and auto insurance to Allstate and I'll be saving OVER $3000 a year ! Liberty Mutual has been good to me but it's clear they've also been ripping me off for years. Since the cost is so much less I also agreed to pay in full and that saved me a little bit extra. The homeowners is a one year term and the auto is a 6 month term. All the money I'll be saving will be going right into my savings account ! I spent a little of those savings at Walmart .. lol .. to the tune of $241 ! Most of what I bought I didn't need, but I like to keep ahead on the cat food, my salad condiments and yogurt. I also bought some extra produce and a big bag of riced cauliflower. I also grabbed a t-shirt identical to the one I was wearing, just in a different color. It's very light and comfy for summer and even when I lose weight they will still be great to throw on over a sports bra. I stopped at Williams Farm for ice cream on the way home. I successfully fought off the urge to go to DQ ! I had wanted strawberry shortcake at the farm but they didn't have that, so I had a lemon dole whip twist with vanilla soft serve. It was absolutely delicious on this hot day ! The car registered an outdoor temp of 95 degrees while I was out and this was really the first day I really felt the heat this year. I got home just before 4, so I beat the commuter traffic. I put the groceries away, fed the cats, changed my clothes and hopped on the couch to relax in front of the fan. I had considered a trip to Costco or Christmas Tree Shops but resisted that too, because I knew I would just end up impulse buying a bunch of food items that I don't need. As it is, I did allow myself to buy 2 packages of Biscoff cookies. I'm going to try very, very hard to eat them sparingly in the event I need a little something extra here and there. I also bought a bag of multigrain tortilla chips, only because I have an open jar of salsa I want to finish. Salsa is not limited on Nutrisystem and a handful of chips would count as smart carb.


I feel like I'm ready to commit 100% to Nutrisystem again. I'm so unhappy with the weight I've gained, but I guess I wasn't unhappy enough to do anything about it ! Yes, the chaos with my job the past 2 months didn't help but as I've said before, I gained all this weight long before that happened. Mom passing away didn't help either, but again I gained most of the weight back long before she had her stroke. So the blame for this is 100% on me and my lack of commitment and discipline. I think a big problem for me is I have no one to hold me accountable. I'm it and it's clear I'm not doing a good job. I fell right back into the tomorrow, next week, next month routine. I've promised myself 100 times that I'll get back on track and it hasn't stuck for long. 

Last night I joined the new #threads app introduced by Facebook/Instagram owner Meta. It's basically a replacement for Twitter, an app that I never really got in to. I signed up just to check it out and wow, today they're saying 10 million people signed up in the first few hours. I didn't realize I was getting in during the "soft opening" as the official launch was today. I'm not a fan of Elon Musk so I'm glad to support anything that might deflate his massive ego just a little bit. It's a little confusing, just like Twitter was, but I'll see what I can do with it.


Late this evening I went outside to put out some leftover canned food for the stray cats and there was a package outside the door ! It was my Service Excellence award ! I didn't know it was coming so the porch door was locked. I'm so glad the driver was kind enough to put the package out of sight ! I contacted UPS to compliment the driver, so I hope that gets passed along ! Tomorrow I'm going to photograph the award and put it on LinkedIn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023