Day 195: A Fun Day !

 






Today is day 195 of Nutrisystem 2.0 and it got off to an early start ! A car going down the street woke me up just before 5 am and after a few minutes I knew I was not going to be able to go back to sleep. I didn't hear the alert on my phone but that must be what woke me up because my security camera went off at 4:42 and it was 4:48 when I checked the time. The contractor left building materials and his locked tool trailer in my yard and I was paranoid that someone would break in or steal the wood, so I moved my laundry room Ring camera to the window by the bathroom. I also left the porch light, back light and a living room light on all night to deter theft. I had a tough time getting to sleep because I was so worried about someone stealing the 2x4's or underlayment. I've never had any problem with theft in my neighborhood but I know times are tough and wood is not cheap. 


Since I was up early I got the garbage out early too. Last week they surprised me and came well before the usual after 12 pm time but I managed to wheel the bin out before they got to my house. I also broke down the larger cardboard boxes that have built up and put those out as well. Having all the junk out of the garage and the siding project have motivated me to get this house cleaned up and I'm hoping that feeling better about the state of my house will keep me motivated ! There is no reason for my house to ever me in shambles - that is 100% laziness on my part !

I mentioned in a prior blog that I'm trying not to focus on what I eat or the associated calories. I think that is just my way of trying to hide from the truth, which is that I'm still not 100% committed to getting the weight back off. I bought all these snacks and candy for the construction crew and I suspect a lot of it will remain when they are done. Guess who will be eating the leftovers ? Yep - that would be me. Fortunately I didn't buy a ton of candy, but there is still more than I'm comfortable with and I've been eating it at bedtime. I'm also off my exercise program and that's an area I need to focus on. For starters, there is no reason I can't get on the treadmill at least once on Saturday and Sunday. I just choose not to. Yesterday I didn't use the treadmill as I knew there would be times the siding crew needed my input and once they were gone I opted to go to Home Depot to get the new light. So lunch hour exercise is off the schedule until the siding is done. I didn't exercise after work today because I went to the Mets game. However, I have no excuses for the remainder of the week, unless I end up working late. I'm also struggling to get my vitamins in and that is just laziness too. 

I feel like I need to document what I'm eating, so I'm going to go back to doing that. 

First thing this morning a brand new steel door was installed on the back wall of the garage ! Hardware (including a deadbolt) will also be added. I asked about the other door and it's an odd size so it would require a custom door, which would be expensive. I happen to have a can of exterior white paint so I will sand it and paint it once the siding is done. I'm also going to see what I can do with the hardware and knob to dress it up a little.

I went to the Mets game with Rich and Michelle & Mike. Barb sat in a box with her colleagues. The Mets got killed but we had a really fun time ! I didn't go crazy with food - I had 3 soft chicken tacos (it was Taco Tuesday at the ball park !), cookie dough ice cream in a waffle cone and a wine slushy. It was nearly 11 when I got home. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023