Round 4, Day 3: Scared Straight

 





Today should have been day 208 of Nutrisystem 2.0 but instead it's Day 3 of Round 4. I've had to abandon the idea of doing shakes only, after a scary night. Just before midnight I got up to pee and ended up face planting in the doorway of my bedroom. I was off balance when I got up and once I didn't have the support of the bed I staggered, trying to find something to hold me up, and ended up face first on the carpet. I now have a rug burned left knee, a sore right elbow, and rug burn on my upper lip and nose ! My teeth took a jolt too but they're all intact ! I sat on the toilet for a bit alternating between feeling like I had to throw up or pass out, while sweating profusely. I suspect my blood pressure and/or heart rate dropped suddenly and severely when I got up and caused me to go down. I feel like I'm lucky I didn't get hurt worse, especially considering my cell phone was on the overhead shelf of my headboard and wouldn't have been reachable from the floor. I'd have laid there naked until someone decided to check on me, if I couldn't get up. I got up to pee again later and sat on the edge of the bed until I was sure I was steady. Today I feel fine and an ibuprofen is helping with the knee and elbow pain. Going forward I will sit on the side of the bed a minute and make sure I am steady before heading to the bathroom at night. I will also be carrying my cell phone ! I feel like the new Aunt Ann !


Needless to say, that scared me a great deal (ok, it terrified me !) and I started the day with a luxurious 160 calorie Nutrisystem waffles with sugar free syrup. I also had an 80 calorie yogurt. I didn't have my morning snack until after 3:30. Lunch was a chef salad and a 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt. Afternoon snack was fresh fruit and cottage cheese. Dinner was chicken alfredo over riced cauliflower.


I was awake shortly before 6:30 and opted to get up instead of lounging in bed until the alarm went off. By 7 the indoor and outdoor cats were fed and all the snacks were in place for the siding crew. We had a bit of rain during the night but the forecast called for clouds but no rain today. I'm sure the cooler weather will make the siding guys happy ! Tomorrow and Wednesday look to be sunny and mild but rain moves in Thursday and may last through the weekend. Not good considering we have our boat cruise Saturday evening !


I'll never really know for sure what caused last nights accident, but I suspect the double dose of Metamucil contributed to it. Metamucil uses the water in your body to work and that might have made me a little dehydrated. I was probably starving too. Less than 700 calories a day is clearly too much of a shock for my system. I thought about continuing the shakes but backing off on the Metamucil, but decided it's not worth the risk. I don't need to starve to lose the weight. I just need to stay away from hot dogs, pizza, ice cream, cookies and candy ! I also need to get back on the treadmill and stop using the siding job as an excuse. If I decide to have Metamucil twice a day I will need to make sure I am drinking a lot more water ! I decided not to have any Metamucil today.


The siding crew was hard at work at 8 am but they packed up and were gone by 2:30 ! They're working on the yard side of the house and it appears they basically rebuilt the roof line down the full length of the house. At first I was thinking they didn't do much today but that was a big job, involving hauling a lot of 2x4's up the ladders and nailing everything into place. They're also working on some of the trim around the windows, corners and where the siding meets the foundation. I'm happy to have the satellite dish gone and very soon that blank 2 story wall of peeling paint will have beautiful light grey siding and white trim to admire when I'm coming up the street. There will also be a new bulkhead covering the basement access ! Although I'm anxious to see the finished product, I'm not in a rush for the job to be done. I'd rather they take their time and do it right, instead of rushing so they can go on to the next project. Plus, the longer they take the closer I am to having the new garage door installed !


After last nights trauma I really wanted to comfort myself with candy bars or cookies today. After it happened I was tempted to get something to eat but I was too afraid to try navigating the stairs. I made it through the night and was fine when I got up the next time, and I managed to hold off that urge today. I call that a win ! However, I need to keep something upstairs for an emergency. The siding crew doesn't seem to like the strawberry fruit bars I bought, so I'm going to stash a couple of them upstairs.

Work was steady but I'm not killing myself to get stuff done. I'm taking my time and making sure I do things correctly, as I've made a couple of mistakes recently. That's because I was doing too much, too fast.

On that note, I'm heading for bed. It's nearly 10 and too late to catch a shower. I may do that in the morning if I'm awake early. Hopefully tonight will be a better night !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023