Round 4, Day 7, 8 and 9: Hurray For The Weekend !

 **written on 8-7-23, published "as is" on 9-5-23**




Today should have been day 214 of Nutrisystem 2.0 but instead it's Day 9 of Round 4. I've been too lazy to write anything so today's blog is a compilation of Friday, Saturday and Sunday.


The siding crew was hard at work by 8 am Friday and wrapped up around 3:30. I actually thought they'd leave earlier since it's Friday, but it's possible they had an assignment to get to a certain point with the siding ! They finished the yard side and the upstairs on the front of the house ! It looks so awesome ! They also reattached the power cable on the driveway side and it seems to be much more secure. It has always flapped against the house when it was windy and I'm hoping they've fixed that for me. The last bit of siding is going to be the front porch and that shouldn't take took long. There is still a lot of trim work that needs to be done and that could be tedious and time consuming. They're also installing gutters on the porch - I forgot about that detail ! The bulkhead for the basement also needs a door and the breezeway door needs to be refaced. Lighting also needs to be installed but that won't take long. They will also be installing new posts on the patio. Once they're done it's a matter of waiting for the new garage door ! I also really want to put vinyl windows on the porch and replace the front door, but that might be a next year project. I plan to ask Will to give me an estimate for that at his convenience. For the time being I may look into replacing the 2 cracked window panes with plexiglass. That would look better and be more airtight. We'll see !


I stuck with the Nutrisystem plan all day yesterday, but went off the rails last night. I gave in to temptation and that is that. Today was our evening cruise on Skaneateles Lake and I opted to call it a free day when it comes to food. 


The weather turned out perfect and I had the best time ! The cruise was relaxing and calm. My sister and I shared a bottle of Seven Daughters Moscato wine and we had chocolate covered strawberries and mixed fruit with yogurt dip. Very delicious ! After the cruise we walked over to a local Mexican place and had an amazing dinner at the bar, because it's a small place and it was packed ! I ordered Bang Bang Shrimp tacos with Mexican street corn and it was delicious. I've never had street corn and I'm hooked (and probably spoiled) now ! I also had a good margarita. I only ate one of the 3 tacos but I gobbled up all the corn. After dinner we walked over to the local ice cream place, where I had a small salted caramel sundae. Now, before I left for the cruise I went to DQ and had my usual burger, fries and blizzard. I have to say, the burger wasn't that good. It was a bit dry but the fries and blizzard were excellent. Not the proudest day when it comes to food, but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the day.

The plan for Sunday was grocery shopping, mowing the lawn, taking down the curtains on the front porch and cleaning litter boxes. I managed to do 3 out of 4, leaving the litter boxes for Monday. I went to Wegman's and Walmart and also swung by the credit union to get some cash, because the ATM at Wegman's was out of order. I was thirsty too and decided to take the long way home up Route 11 so I could swing by Dunkin in Brewerton for a frozen coffee. I haven't had one for a couple years and it was delicious. When I got to Central Square I continued the long route home via Route 3 so I could enjoy my drink and being out in the car. Once the cats were fed and all the groceries were put away I tackled the lawn and much later I took down the curtains on the front porch. I had my leftover shrimp tacos and they were just delicious. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023