An Off Day

 




Today was an unsettled day. I couldn't motive myself to get up early (I was awake at 6:30) and I didn't even want to get up when the alarm went off. I got up around 7:20 and trudged downstairs to face the day !


Breakfast was a 180 calorie cinnamon roll and an 80 calorie yogurt. Morning snack was a 155 calorie vanilla shake that I actually had after 5 pm. Afternoon snack was 80 calorie cottage cheese and an apple (about 95 calories). Dinner was green beans and 260 calorie roasted turkey medallions. Evening snack was a chocolate cupcake with whipped cream. I also had a slice of apple bread. 2 slices left !


I say the day was unsettled because a day or two ago a live webcam came up on my YouTube feed. It was showing baby barn owls in Florida and I watched a little bit, so now it's in my suggestions. Today I tuned in just after 11 am and to my horror, the male owl came into the nest box and killed all 3 babies while the mother was out hunting. She came back with a dead mouse, only to find the carnage and fight with the male, who wanted the mouse. I guess killing and eating his offspring wasn't enough. I feel so bad for those sweet little things, who didn't have a chance in life. I know this stuff happens in the wild but it's hard to witness it. It pretty much ruined my day and when noon rolled around I couldn't muster the energy to get dressed and get on the treadmill.


I forced myself to get on the treadmill after work. I completed the Atlas Mountains culture walk (did it yesterday too), which is 32m41s. 

So how did I do on my mini-goals ? Pretty bad.

  • get up when I wake up - nope
  • make my bed - yes
  • clean litter boxes - yes
  • take my vitamins, magnesium & Metamucil - no
  • exercise 2 times - no
  • take a shower - no
  • do skincare - no
  • put on lotion - no
  • brush teeth - no
I also took a handful of Tootsie Rolls to bed. Sigh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023