Today Is My Friday !

 





Today was a better day. I thought a lot about the baby owls and I'm thinking it may not have been their father that killed them. I had read that the male offspring from last year still hangs around the nest, so it's possible this male was jealous or just hungry (lazy!) and saw the babies as food. It doesn't make the situation any less sad, but I'd feel better if that were the case. Needless to say, I won't be watching that cam any more. I found one for baby falcons and the parents of these babies are both extremely attentive. I also watch an eagle cam and same - very attentive parents.


Breakfast was 120 calorie french toast with sugar free syrup. I forgot to have my yogurt ! Morning snack was a 155 calorie chocolate shake. Lunch was a chef salad & 220 calorie pepperoni pizza melt. Afternoon snack (at 5 pm !) was cottage cheese and an apple. Dinner was broccoli and a 250 calorie chicken enchilada with the last of the low fat sour cream. Evening snack was a 140 calorie ice cream sandwich. I also had a slice of apple bread. I slice left !


So how did I do on my mini-goals ? Not much better.

  • get up when I wake up - nope
  • make my bed - yes
  • clean litter boxes - no
  • take my vitamins, magnesium & Metamucil - vitamins only
  • exercise 2 times - yes
  • take a shower - no
  • do skincare - no
  • put on lotion - no
  • brush teeth - no


Work wasn't super busy but I got a lot done ! The volume of work coming in has slowed considerably so it's allowing me to start chasing some of the stuff that is aging. I also have a LOT of stuff that is waiting for November bills, so next week I'm going to start working on getting those ready to go. I may not be getting a lot of new stuff but I have plenty of old stuff to keep me busy ! I have tomorrow off and I'm looking forward to a 3 day weekend ! Hard to believe next week it will be November ! That's means another obligatory trip to Rochester. We're going on Wednesday 11-1 since Chuck has 2 weeks of vacation and I have a week of vacation.


It was nice not to feel like I needed to rush to the treadmill at 5, but I was also careful not to sit on the couch too long ! I'm glad I got the second workout in but I didn't do anything else the rest of the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Riddance 2023

Let's Hear It For The Weekend !

A Lightbulb Moment - Oct 10 through Oct 15, 2023